Thursday 6 March 2014

Super Cool Links

Here are some links to some things that are worth reading/watching:

I think this article on gender equality is genius. Natascha covers pretty much every one of feminist beliefs and argues them incredibly well.

I love this controversial article by Joan Smith about the niquab. I think it is very brave to publish this kind of article as inevitably it will cause a stir. I agree with most of Joan's arguments against the niquab particularly the repression aspect and I think she argues her case very well.

We have all heard of the infamous Blurred Lines (or as I like to call it; 'the rape song') and I think most people would agree that Robin Thicke is an all round creepy guy. This article showing rape victims quoting their rapists is great as it shows just how inappropriate the song is.

I love short, insightful quotes like this one by 'girls get busy' which is just SO UNBELIEVABLY TRUE.

Finally the video for Charlie XCX and Iggy Azelias new song 'Fancy' is just incredible on so many levels. I'm not obsessed with the song itself yet but the video just screams GIRL POWER (plus the 90's style clothes are pretty great). Love it.

P.S. Happy International Women's day

No comments:

Post a Comment